Semester 1 Reflection

1. Quality of Work
I think that overall, my work shows good, compelling subjects. I try to think about these things when I am completing a project to get the best results. I have always made sure to fulfill the assignment by paying attention to the assignment, and trying to take it further by editing pictures in photoshop for lighting and other purposes, even when it was not necessary. I have always had the proper format and resolution. I have been good about completing my work on time during the semester. I usually go beyond my first idea and ask for critiques. I have done several of my projects more than once to try to fulfill the assignment better.

2. Effort
I think that I am actively considering all options from an artistic standpoint. For my projects, I try to go out of the way with my subjects when I can, and when my schedule and due date allows. If a project is hard to fulfill, I will begin to feel frustrated, but I would not usually give up. I do take risks because I try to make my work more conceptual and complex when I can. I like to have my work stand out, and to do this, I would like to continue taking risks. Sometimes, if a project is not inspiring me, I would struggle with taking creative risks. Overall though, I understand that taking these risks is important in a class where I want to learn. I have a positive attitude when looking at other's work because I can learn from them. I like feedback, because I know my work isn't perfect. I have a positive attitude about my own work even if I am not proud of the end result because I will know that I tried my best, and that Klein will see that.

3. Participation
I am on time to class, but I cannot always wok throughout the block because I will have my work often finished and have nothing left to work on in class. I have a plan to work independently so I stay focused. This class is an opportunity to focus on my work. When I have work to do, I will make sure to use my time wisely, and do my work before I move on to work for another class or going on my phone.

4. Improvement
I do not think I have found my style, but I hope to find a style during second semester. Now, I am experimenting with different styles to try and fulfill the assignment as best as I can with what pops into my head in my creative process. I could definitely improve technically because I have photoshop but I do not know how to use it very well. I would like to improve my skills technically, but also conceptually and how compelling my images are, but that will come with practice. I should definitely have more confidence about my work, but that will come as I am developing a style. My concepts could improve too, I feel like I have a lot to learn, but even more can be shown in an image if I channel it.

5. Adjustment
I plan to do a few things different in second semester. I want to feel more proud of my work, and see my blog as a whole, instead of as individual projects slapped together. I feel this way because I do not have a style as far as I know of. I hope to also learn how to use photoshop more efficiently and learn how to do more things on the program.

Comments